Tuesday 29 August 2017

How to fix a keyboard layout on each Windows 10 computer?


I use Windows 10 with the same Microsoft account on 3 different computers, each one with a different physical keyboard layout: ITA, UK, DE.


In "Control panel - Clock and International settings - Language" I have ITA as display language with ITA/DE/UK keyboard layouts, followed by ENG(US) with only UK layout.


In the same window I opened "Advanced settings" where I set an override (second drop-down list) to the default ("the first one on the list") language/keyboard: that would be ITA/ITA, while I want (on this computer) ITA/DE.


However, when now I log in in the other computers, I get ITA/DE there as well, while each computer should have a different one, being the physical keyboards different: ITA/DE here, ITA/UK on the second one and ITA/ITA on the third one.


If I change one, they all change. And if I don't apply the override, the issue seems to be the same.


Basically the last used language AND keyboard settings are stored on the cloud and applied wherever I log in.


How to set Windows 10 to remember, PER computer, the last used language/keyboard layout settings, without having that setting follow me?



Answer



You should be able to modify that within the synchronization settings on each machine:



  1. Press WinKey + S

  2. Type Sync your settings and press Enter


  3. In the subsequent window, switch Language preferences to Off


    Sync your settings




No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...