Sunday 27 August 2017

New video card HIS 7790 OC 1GB: sytem doesn't boot


I've upgraded my old video card Gygabyte 7750 to HIS 7790 IceQ Turbo. After installation of card onto mobo, plugging power into video card and powering on, system starts but doesn't boot. Power is on, fans rotate, but there's no video signal. I don't even see BIOS POST screen.


PSU: Chieftec 450-80p
MB: MSI H61M-P20 (G3)
CPU: Intel g850
RAM: Goodram 2x4GB (1333)
HDD: 64GB Crucial m4 SSD + 80GB HITACHI sata2
MON: AOC i2369Vm (connected via hdmi)


System consumes very little power, so it's definitely not a PSU insufficiency problem.


EDIT: SOLVED by updating mobo BIOS



Answer



Thank you all guys, but as i suspected, the problem was definitely not in my PSU. Fortunately, I came across a similar post here and I assumed my problem may be the same. So, i updated my mobo BIOS and... The problem is FIXED!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...