Tuesday 22 August 2017

vmdk - How to reduce the size of VMware disk


My Ubuntu image VMware disk has grown to 5GB physical file size. It's a dynamically growing disk with the maximum capacity of 8GB. I cleaned some stuff inside Linux distro and now inside it occupies 3GB. Obviously the physical file size didn't shrink back automatically. Is there a way (if possible free of charge) to shrink this disk back to ~3GB?


I need this to fit the image on the DVD.



Answer



I've found the solution – you have to compact your hard drive:


Virtual Machine - Settings - General - Clean Up Virtual Machine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...