Monday 21 August 2017

windows 10 - Change group policy settings


Can't find how to change group policy settings on my 64 bit Windows 10 Home. Trying to run command gpedit on my PC, but system founds nothing related to that. My other computer executes this commands correctly. How to enable this command?



Answer



by default it is not available on Windows 10 home edition, but you can enable it by running these batch file codes with administrator rights


@echo off 
pushd "%~dp0"

dir /b %SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientExtensions-Package~3*.mum >List.txt
dir /b %SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientTools-Package~3*.mum >>List.txt

for /f %%i in ('findstr /i . List.txt 2^>nul') do dism /online /norestart /add-package:"%SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\%%i"
pause

process will take couple of minutes after you can run gpedit.msc to check it.


you don't need to restart computer but it is recommended to restart


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...