Monday 21 August 2017

Windows restarting certain applications after a Windows Update

So I've come across this strange function in Windows where after a Windows Update and the reboot it tries to restore your session prior to restarting.


This though only works with Microsoft's own applications, namely Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer and Visual Studio. I didn't see it yet happening with other applications (I'll have to see with Office). Internet Explorer restores all tabs that were present before the forced Windows Update shutdown and Explorer opens all the folders again (like back in Windows 98 where it did this on every restart)


My question is: How did Windows Update implement this? How can other programs salvage this functionality too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...