Friday 25 August 2017

macos - Dropped hard drive won't mount


I have a 2 TB HFS+-formatted external hard drive that got dropped a couple of days ago while transferring files onto a Macbook Pro. Now the drive's partitions won't mount. Disk Utility can see the drive, but doesn't recognize that it has any partitions.


I've tried using Data Rescue 2 to recover files off of it, but it couldn't find anything. In addition, our local computer repair shop said they couldn't find anything on there either.


I know that I could ship the drive off to someone like DriveSavers, but I was hoping for a cheaper option (since they start at about $500 for the attempt).


Is there something else I could try on my own? Would TestDisk be able to help with something like this?



Answer



Its best if you let the professionals handle the hd, you wouldn't want to screw up such a lovely piece of tech :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...