Thursday 31 August 2017

Sync Google Calendar with work Outlook/Exchange without details


I'm using the free Google Calendar Sync to import my work calendar from Outlook into my 'life' calendar at Google Calendar. I would like to do a 2 way sync, but without my 'life' calendar events' details being imported into my 'work' Outlook calendar (i.e. Show colleagues that can see my work calendar I'll be unavailable at 15:00, but without the details).


I was unable to achieve this using various schemes, namely using the free Google tool to sync 2 way to a 2nd Google Calendar account to which I shared my 1st calendar without details (I guess it doesn't work since it does not sync non-primary calendars).


I'm sure this is a common problem for the working person.... any ideas?


p.s. I'm using Outlook 2007 if that matters.



Answer



You may have tried this already and it might not work... but try it!


Click on settings in the top-right corner of Google Calendar.

Click on the name of your Personal Calendar

Click on *Share this Calendar*

Click *Make this Calendar Public*

Click *Share only my free/busy information (Hide details)*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...