Saturday 19 January 2019

hard drive - Finding out what directories are using the most space on windows




Possible Duplicate:
Best program to visualize file system usage on Windows?



Hi, I have about 2 terabytes of total space spread over several drives.. While I still have 500 GB free which should last quite a while I want to do some cleanup.


I'm not very organized and the directory structure is a total mess.. It would take days to go through everything, but according to the 80/20 rule 80% of the space is used by 20% of directories. How do I find them?


For example: C:\a - 200 GB C:\b - 111 GB


Then if I want to see the subdirectories of C:: C:\a\b - 140 GB C:\a\aaaa - 100 GB


..and so on.


Is there a builtin windows command / program or a 3rd party utility to do that?



Answer



WinDirStat was made for this task!


It'll show you exactly where your space is going.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...