Monday, 7 January 2019

Does a HDMI-to-DVI (dual link) adapter exist? I don't care about the price

My monitor supports full-resolution display (2560x1440) only when connected to through either the DVI-D dual link port, or the DisplayPort.


My laptop, though, has neither of these two kinds of output. Instead, all it's got is a HDMI port (which is version 1.3, and I also read that the laptop's graphics chipset supports 2560x1440 at 60Hz).


So I'm wondering whether anyone has ever seen an HDMI-to-DVI dual link adapter, which will carry my ultra-highres signal to the monitor I just bought. So far I haven't seen any, and don't even know whether such an adapter (which I understand would have to be active, USB-powered and expensive (but I don't care)) exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...