Monday, 7 January 2019

windows - How can I move NTUSER.DAT and the similar files? And yes, I know what they are

I am trying to migrate my Users files and Program Files from my C:\ Drive to my D:\ Drive. So far, I have dragged all the files over, and replaced all the junctions, but I am still left with those three NTUSER.DAT files for the registry. I was wondering if it was possible, and also how I would go about moving these files over to my D drive? I am assuming that when I add the junction for "C:\Users", it will still work properly, but before I can test and see, I need to move them.


I don't care whether I break anything. I have nothing on my computer, I just reinstalled today so I could take a shot at this migration.


Would I be able to do it with a Linux LiveCD? I haven't tested this yet, but I'll go download one if someone thinks it's possible; I just have really slow bandwidth(126KB/s) so I'd rather know if that'd work first before I tried it.


Also, a few more related questions: Does anyone know if the junction to D:\Users from C:\Users will actually work properly with the registry?


Also, is there anything else I have to be careful for beside junctions, to make sure everything works identically, besides the fact that they're moved to a new drive?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...