Friday 3 August 2018

Renaming a start menu Item in Windows 10


In Windows 10, how can I rename a Start Menu Item?


In Windows 7, I could click on the start menu, then right-click on "All Program" and I would get a menu that popped up saying "Open All Users" and then a Windows Explorer windows would open up with all my start menu items and I could rename them to whatever I wish. How do I do this in Windows 10?



Answer



Right click the Start menu tile/item you wish to rename and click MoreOpen file location. This will open the Start menu folder - typically something like C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs - containing the shortcuts for all the menu items. You can then rename any of the shortcuts to your liking.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...