Saturday 25 August 2018

windows 8 - How to allow VB scripts to run on an admin account

I'm encountering an issue with the VBscripts while I try to run them. I'm working on Windows 8.1 update 1 Enterprise, connected to an Enterprise domain, and I'm logged with a domain account. This domain account has been added to the Administrators group.


My VBscript must create a folder and a log file into the Program Files (x86) directory. If I run this VBscript by double-clicking on it with the local administrator account, it works perfectly. But if I try to run the same VBscript with my domain account, I get the error message Access denied.


One solution is to totally deactivate the UAC (with the enableLUA registry value set to 1), but this method blocks the Modern UI applications, and we need to keep these applications execution.


Is it possible to grant the full control to VBScripts execution on any admin account, like it is the case under the local administrator built-in account ? I didn't yet find any solution to this problem, and I can't believe that no solution exists, especially in enterprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...