Monday 27 August 2018

cmd.exe - Removing Com ports in Windows 7 using cmd


I have been trying to find a way to make a script to uninstall specific COM-ports from Windows 7 that are no longer used.


Background:


I'm using NI Teststand to test a productio test of an USB-serial device. This test will change the FTDI config, so each device tested will use two COM-ports. It doens't take long time until there are hundreds of COM-ports present in the system.


What I have tried:


I found this suggestion, but it doesn't seem to work. I can see all the devices when i use:


devcon findall =ports

But from what I have gathered it is only possible to remove active devices using:


devcon remove 

Question:


How can I remove a large number of COM-ports from CMD?




Thanks in advance


/Jaxc



Answer



I had a similiar issue to remove unused COM-Ports. I am using "COM Name Arbiter Setter" from http://www.uwe-sieber.de/misc_tools_e.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...