Wednesday 22 August 2018

Binding a tmux key to multiple commands

I launch multipane tmux window to monitor several server parameters. With Ctrl-S I can open a new window with another monitor command.


Now I want to bind Ctrl-Q to open another multipane window with several monitors. How do I bind a key to multiple commands? I tried chaining them with ; and \; - nothing helps. Please, advise what should I use instead of ... below.


Is it possible when I open a new window to suspend the background commands overlapped by it?


    tmux new-session "monitor1" \;\
split-window -v "monitor2" \;\
select-pane -U \;\
split-window -v -h -p 60 "monitor3" \;\
bind-key -n C-s new-window "monitor4" \;\
bind-key -n C-q "..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...