Thursday 30 August 2018

dropbox - Is possible to enable uploading and disable downloading


I have two laptops. First laptop I use every day, second about 1-2 times during a week (and most time it is in hibernate mode). So when it waked up, dropbox initiate uploading process that take many time. But very often I need just upload only single file from this machine.


So my question is:


Is there exists some capability (maybe plugin) that allow only uploading and prevent downloading



Answer



You can use Dropbox Uploader (code). It works with MacOSX, Windows/Cygwin, and Unix. It allows file and recursive directory upload.


To upload a local file to a remote Dropbox folder:


$ ./dropbox_uploader.sh upload snort.pdf Documents/manuals

Example: recursive upload:


enter image description here




Alternatively, you can use the selective sync feature of Dropbox, if your laptops don't need to use the same folders:


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...