Thursday 23 August 2018

osx snow leopard - How can I reset network (Airport) connections from the command line?


I have this MacBook Pro that has intermittent problems connecting to my WiFi network. Sometimes it helps to disable/re-enable Airport and sometimes I have to restart the computer to get my network running again.


Has anyone else experienced this? Are there any commands I can run that would do the same as I do when I restart the computer (short of actually restarting it, obviously) - or at least a command that restarts the Airport service?



Answer



Next time, try this from the command line:


sudo ifconfig en1 down
sudo ifconfig en1 up

This should bring your wireless interface down and then bring it back up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...