Wednesday 22 August 2018

64 bit - How do you determine that your hardware is 64 bit capable when there is no operating system installed?


How do you determine that your hardware is 64 bit capable when there is no operating system installed?



Answer



Open up the computer and look at your CPU and motherboard to get the model numbers, then look them up at the manufacturers (i.e.: Intel, AMD) and check the specifications provided.



Alternatively you could boot from a Linux LiveCD or alike and use that OS to detect the capabilities (no OS installation on the machine required).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...