Wednesday 29 August 2018

eof - How to go to the bottom of the file on startup in Notepad++


I know this is completely unreasonable feature for a text editor to have, however, when I edit various files, I almost always have to do it at the end of the file.


Is there a feature in Notepad++ that will move the cursor, caret and focus to the bottom of the file?


Or perhaps open Notepad++ with a command-line parameter that forces cursor to the bottom



Answer



No. But you have two options:



  • Notepad++ is GNU. Get the sources, patch, build.

  • Open the file, hit Ctrl+End


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...