Saturday 25 August 2018

terminal - Using SASS on my Debian server


Ok here's a quick question. I have a debian server with sass (driven by ruby) installed. To compile a sass file to a css file, yo do:


sass --watch style.scss:style.css

If I run this on my server through a terminal. Is that process still running when I close the terminal? If not, how do I keep it running? And how do I stop it if I want to?



Answer



If you want a process to be running even when you disconnect from a server, use nohup.


nohup sass --watch style.scss:style.css &

The & will start the job in the background. nohup makes sure that even when you log out, the process continues. Every output will be logged to nohup.out.


You can also have several output files for stdout and stderr:


nohup --watch style.scss:style.css > main.log 2> err.log &

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...