Wednesday 22 August 2018

macos - What is a good alternative to the iDVD OneStep DVD feature for copying video from a camcorder to DVD (on Mac OS X)?


I can't use the iDVD "OneStep DVD" button to copy video from my camcorder to a DVD—see "Why does nothing happen after I press OK after selecting OneStep DVD in iDVD (with my Canon HV20 connected)?". Is there another Mac OS X application (or a feature or combination of features in the iLife apps) that would allow me to easily do this?


Update: I tried iMovie (`09), but it seems designed for many short clips rather than a single long recording (a one-hour childrens' play in this case). It wouldn't import the entire recording into a single clip.


Update #2: I guess I should try Final Cut Express?



Answer



Final Cut Express worked. I used it to capture video from the camcorder, and export that video to a QuickTime movie, which I then burned to a DVD using iDVD.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...