Wednesday 29 August 2018

macos - How can I release a click-locked mouse pointer in OS X?


Possible Duplicate:
MacBook Pro Trackpad freeze / holds click on its own



Every now and then, seemingly randomly, the mouse pointer on my OS X 10.6.4-running MBP (summer 2009) will become click-locked. What I mean by this is that it acts as though I have drag-lock on, or that I'm holding down the mouse pointer.


I'm not sure how this is happening, or how the lock is getting activated since I have drag lock disabled in the trackpad system preferences.


I've not been able to reliably reproduce the behavior which turns it on, nor the behavior which turns it off. It seems that if I can get Spotlight to open and launch something like Calculator, then quit the the launched program, the click-lock will release.


Otherwise, the only way out of it is to reboot. This is super frustrating, as it's virtually impossible to save whatever I'm working on when the mouse doesn't work and seems to some impede keyboard shortcuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...