Wednesday 29 August 2018

ubuntu 10.04 - How Can I Print Under A Username Different Than The One I'm Logged In As?

I bring my own personal laptop to school where my login is nickname. However, in order to print to the school's printers the username that sends the print job must match my school's AD login, firstname.lastname. Is there any way short of creating a firstname.lastname user on my computer to have print jobs sent to the school's printers have the originating login of firstname.lastname? For the record, my computer is running Ubuntu 10.04 and the school uses the lpr protocol to queue print jobs over the network.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...