Wednesday 29 August 2018

linux - How can I keep a process alive after closing the putty session?


I am using putty to interact with Linux server. I have started a process using putty. The process is running and will take 5-6 hours. I want that process to keep running after I close the putty session. How can I keep that process alive after closing the putty session? I do not want to keep the computer ON all the time. Is there any way to do this?.



Answer



I use screen for that kind of stuff. Actually sometimes I just leave it on quite a while so I can get back to what I was doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...