Sunday 26 August 2018

hibernate - How to really turn off hibernation in Windows 7


I've tried everything I can think off to turn off hibernation.


I have disabled it in power management, used powercfg -h off and it almost works. It works when I execute the command, but when I reboot the file hiberfil.sys is created again.


How do I do to turn off hibernation and delete the hiberfil.sys file forever?



Answer



I asked the question at and got the answer here: Microsoft Answers. So here is how you really find what is turning your hibernation back on again using clean boot.


1. Start msconfig.exe
2. On the general tab select "Selective startup" and uncheck "Load startup items".
3. On the services tab unselect all first.
4. Runt the command "powercfg -h off" to turn off hibernation.
5. Reboot
6. If hibernation is still deactivated start msconfig.exe again and activate half of the services.
7. Repeat 5 and 6 until you find the service causing hibernation to be turned back on (don't forget to do step 4 if it is activated again).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...