Tuesday 21 August 2018

Easy way to trigger a switch via USB?



I'm not really into electronics but for some projects I would like to be able to control some real hardware with a computer. So I'm looking for a solution that I can simply plug into my USB port and that (ideally without any additional drivers) will let me trigger a switch (to turn a LED on and off for an example) using say python code. Is there such solution/board/interface out there?


(I don't want to use an Arduino or similar, just looking for an interface)



Answer



Try a google search for "usb relay switch". A relay is an electromechanical switch that can be (remotely) toggled electrically.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...