Thursday 23 August 2018

connect to a headless virtualbox instance in Linux?

I've started a headless virtualbox instance with this command:


VBoxManage startvm "Ensembl67VirtualMachine" --type headless
Waiting for VM "Ensembl67VirtualMachine" to power on...
VM "Ensembl67VirtualMachine" has been successfully started.

It is set up with Remote Desktop Server Port:5555 with Authentication Method: Null and Extended Features: Allow Multiple Connections and it's now running, but I don't know how to connect to it from the same laptop where it's running. I would like to be able to have it running on a terminal. I tried this but nothing happens:


rdesktop localhost:5555
ERROR: localhost: unable to connect
rdesktop 127.0.0.1:5555

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...