Thursday 2 August 2018

Is it possible to install the Japanese Language IME on Windows XP without a CD?


I need to install Japanese language support; however every time I attempt to do so it prompts me to insert the Windows install CD?


I have an ASUS Eee 901 PC which came pre-installed with Windows XP SP3. There was no install media included and there is no CD drive in the PC. I cannot find any windows install media on the hard disk.


Is there any way to install Japanese language support online through windows update?


This is a legal and validated copy of Windows.



Answer



I found that the Office XP language pack for Windows 2000 installed correctly and provided the correct support without requesting anything from the original install media.


The file isn't recommended for Windows XP, but it worked for me. YMMV.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...