Monday 4 June 2018

user accounts - Easy way to restrict permissions in an elementary school computer lab?

I'm putting together an elementary school computer lab. I have nine Windows XP Pro machines that are not networked and do not have internet access (no money to do either).


I've created separate student and admin accounts, and have the students set as limited users. However, I'm interested in further restricting their permissions. I want to make it such that they cannot:



  • Delete any files, even just from their own profile

  • Rename any files

  • Move around the icons on the desktop

  • Change any display settings

  • Access a usb device without a password (they bring in their own from home which are chock-full of viruses)


Oh, one last thing, they must be able to save word documents.


Is this even possible? I can download software, but, like I said: no internet, no server.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...