Saturday 2 June 2018

router - How can make a web server publicly accessible?

Recently I have installed LAMP server on Ubuntu Server and now my website is accessible from any device that is connected to my DSL modem (router). But I don't know how to make the server accessible from the Internet.


This is the output of ifconfig | grep inet:


inet addr:192.168.1.50 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0

Also when I connect to the Internet (from the same computer but with a different OS) and check http://whatismyip.com, it says that my IP address is 151.246.99.56; when I load my router control panel page, in WAN Information column again I can see 151.246.99.56 as IP address.


I'm using a ZyXEL (P-660HW-T1 v3) router. What settings should I change to make my web server accessible from the Internet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...