Thursday 7 June 2018

In Excel, how to fill down consecutive integers following a pattern 1, 1, 2, 2,


In Excel, I know how to use the "fill down" feature to populate a column of sequential numbers.


I would like to do this but following a pattern like:


1
1
2
2
3
3

Does anyone know how to do this? I cannot figure it out. When I try to use the fill down feature it tries to calculate a trend over the values such as 3.3, 3.7, 4.2, 4.8, etc.



Answer



I don't think Excel includes the logic to do this, although I'll be happy to be proved wrong.


A workaround would be to use a formula copied down the column, then use PasteSpecial>Values to overwrite with the desired values.


   A       B        C
1 1
2 1
3 =A1+1
4 =A2+1
5 =A3+1

etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...