Thursday 7 December 2017

video - How do you convert FLV file format to a format that Picasa recognizes (e.g. AVI, MPEG, WMV)?


I use one of the Firefox plugins for embedded video to download content from Youtube and other sites. The program downloads these videos in FLV format, and I have VLC Media Player to play them, which seems to be pretty highly recommended around here.


The downloaded video quality is as good as it gets, so the FLV file format is no problem in itself. However, my girlfriend and I use Picasa for pretty much everything since it's so easy to upload and share with friends using the GUI. I really like Picasa as a program and would prefer not to use another media organizer for these FLV videos.


I guess there are at least 2 possible answers to this question:
1) What is the best way to convert FLV format to a format that Picasa can read?
2) Should I find another media organizer program to use specifically for FLV videos instead?


Some people might say I should use VLC to play the FLVs and leave it at that. However, (and I'm no VLC expert) I can't find a way to preview video thumbnails in the way Picasa does it, and that's what I would really like to be able to do.



Answer



Format Factory can do this without a hitch. It can convert between MP4,3GP,MPG,AVI,WMV,FLV, and SWF. The choice of format is yours, it supports them all!


alt text


Format factory is freeware.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...