Tuesday 5 December 2017

microsoft excel - Hierarchical data structure in pivot - blank rows

I have a data set with a structure in style of:


Fruit     Type           Organic      Sales
Banana 15
Apple Green Apple Organic 20
Apple Red Apple Non-Organic 25
Apple Red Apple Organic 17
Orange California 8
Orange Spain 5

In other words, the fruits have different levels of detail. Say I want to see sales for bananas and organic green apples; this would require me to put Fruit, Type and Organic in row labels and Sales in Values. However the problem arises in that Pivot shows two rows of blank values for Banana, repeating the value of Sales. How can I make Pivot understand that blank values mean that the item is not specified further and it should stop listing values?


A picture to illustrate my point:


table

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...