Saturday 2 December 2017

microsoft excel - Calculating the average of variably sized blocks of numbers within a column?

In column A I have a set of numbers (over 1,000), and I want to get an average of a block of them at a time, (e.g., 10, so A1:A10 then A11:A20 and so on) and write these averages into column B, such that B1 contains the average of the first block, B2 the second block and so on.


Then, in C1 I would like to have a value which defines the number of rows each average should consider (e.g., 10 = A1:A10,A11:A20... and 25 = A1:A25,A26:A50... and so on).


When I change the value of C1 I want column B to update automatically to average using the new block sizes.


How should I go about doing this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...