Tuesday 5 December 2017

Keyboard language keeps changing in Windows 10


So I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 English. I configured it to have English UI language but Norwegian keyboard. I have several problems with that setup:



  1. The keyboard language keeps switching to English constantly


  2. I can't see the language bar nor the language toggle popup when I swap:


    language toggle popup




I have bound the Norwegian keyboard layout to Shift+Alt+0 and that works, but it's annoying to have to do that every 5 minutes. Also I find it weird that I can't see the language bar neither on the desktop nor on the toolbar.


Anyone have any idea of what might be wrong?


Here are some screenshots of my settings:


settings 1


settings 2


settings 3


No language bar on the toolbar


P.S. The only time I see the language toggle popup is actually when I'm logged out in the lock screen and press Win+Space. Nothing happens if I do that after being logged in.



Answer



Turns out I had to configure a keyboard layout in the first screenshot. You'll notice it says "Keyboard: None available". So clicking "Options" here, then "Add an input method" and then selecting QWERTY Norwegian solved the case.


I don't know how I was able to install Windows with such a borked language setup. Anyway I advice everyone to watch more closely the language questions upon initial install.


Pic1


Pic2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...