Tuesday 5 December 2017

64 bit - Can Windows 7 pagefile be turned off if 4GB of hi-speed RAM present?




Possible Duplicate:
Any reason not to disable the Windows pagefile given enough physical RAM?



I believe that there is enough of memory for everything used at the moment to be stored and that nothing needs to be paged to disk. Is this true?



Answer



Unless you are severely limited on disk space, there's really no good reason to run Windows without a pagefile. Its designed to use one, and many performance issues are caused by users thinking they are smarter than the OS's built in routines (such as the CPU scheduler, memory manager, etc).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...