Friday, 18 January 2019

microsoft excel - Transposing data from single column list to multi-columns

I have an Excel spreadsheet which is tens of thousands of entries long but it's not organized. All the data is in a single column with each entry taking up 3 rows followed by a space.


For example:


Entry 1 Name
Entry 1 Address
Entry 1 Phone

Entry 2 Name
Entry 2 Address
Entry 2 Phone

This goes on for about half a million entries. I need to organizing it better and would like to transpose it to look like this


Entry 1 Name      Entry 1 Address      Entry 1 Phone
Entry 2 Name Entry 2 Address Entry 2 Phone

I've been trying to figure out how to write a formula that I can auto fill in Excel but I can't figure it out. I'm using MS Office on OSX. But any solution be it Excel or non Excel would be great. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...