Wednesday, 9 January 2019

networking - Can I combine two Internet connections into one PC using only a switch?



Suppose I have two ISPs (Broadband) with two routers (DSL). Now I have one switch of say four ports.


Is it possible to connect to both ISPs to one PC and combine the two to achieve faster speeds?


Example:



  • ISP A gives me a speed of 2Mbps

  • ISP B gives me a speed of 1Mbps


Can I connect to both the ISPs at once to get a total speed of 3Mbps?


Is this possible, or will it show me some type of error? I suspect it will say that the default gateway can't be the same.



Answer



http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/20290-42-simultaneous-multiple-internet-connections has a good discussion on the matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...