Wednesday, 16 January 2019

kde plasma workspace - Why are my monospace fonts behaving erratically?

I'm setting up an Arch box and I've installed Plasma 5 as my desktop environment. However, monospace fonts are behaving very erratically:



  • Listed in the 'Fonts' prefpane, it displays fine.

  • As part of a terminal emulator, it's fine.

  • Firefox slants them something awful in some cases (see forum), and

  • will completely miss them in other cases (see post).


It's probably worthwhile to note that evaluating (set-default-font "Oxygen Mono") in emacs fails with



Invalid font name: -unknown-Oxygen-Sans-normal-normal-normal-*-15-*-*-*-*-0-iso10646-1,



suggesting to me that there is some font registration issue. (Note that it's looking for Oxygen Sans…)


How can I achieve sanity and convince these fonts to behave?


example


Additional information from continuing research:



  • $ fc-match mono gives Oxygen-Sans.tff: "Oxygen Sans" "Sans-Book"

  • $ fc-match foo also gives Oxygen-Sans.tff: "Oxygen Sans" "Sans-Book"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...