Sunday, 6 January 2019

How to setup a proxy for Modern UI (aka Metro) Apps in Windows 8?


I have installed Windows 8 on a PC behind a proxy. I had setup the proxy in Internet options and IE works well, but Modern UI (aka Metro) apps instead seem to not be able to exit. Is there any workaround?



Answer



I searched for a solution all around internet and I finally find a way how to do it:


Open command prompt as admin and write:


netsh
winhttp
import proxy source=ie

Now the Microsoft Store works, some other services like Music not, but that is a problem of regional filtering (I am located in Italy).


Hope it helps, unfortunately I do not remember the source of this script.


Side note: I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and it seems they have fixed the proxy glitch. Now it is sufficient to change the global proxy settings (Internet Properties) and Metro apps use that settings accordingly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...