Wednesday 20 June 2018

How to install java enviroment on Windows 8?


I want to try the newest Windows 8 64-bit. I installed it successfully. I tried to install one trading application called Interactive Brokers Trading Station which requires at least jre-1.4.


I went to the Oracle website to download the latest release. I tried 1.6 and even 1.7, however it seems Windows 8 could not link the environment to the software, whichs keep complaining about the absence of Java.


I tried to change the compatibility settings of the executable, which didn't do anything. Can you give me any hints?



Answer



See if the path variable helps to solve your problem


http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/install-windows.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...