Sunday 3 September 2017

windows 7 - With VMware Workstation, how can I SSH from the host to a guest with NAT?


My host is Windows 7 with VMware Workstation 10. I am running an Ubuntu 12.04 guest that is connected to an NAT network. How can I set up the network so that I can SSH from the host to the guest? I assume it has to do with port forwarding?



Answer



VMware Workstation creates virtual interfaces on the host. One for the host-only network and one for the NAT network.


(This is one point where VirtualBox is different)


So you only need to determine the IP-address of the guest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...