Sunday 3 September 2017

google chrome - Prevent white screen before loading page in chromium?


When a page doesn't load immediately, Chromium and every other browser I tried display a white screen before they get a response from it:


enter image description here


Even though chrome://settings/personal says it's using the GTK+ theme - in my case it's Darklooks, which has a dark background:


enter image description here


Is there a way to avoid this in Chromium? Or, if there isn't, is there a browser that does not have this "issue"?



Answer



Nice workaround vasa1, the white flashes are gone. But the background of some websites turns black, which is a bit ugly:


enter image description here


So I adapted that CSS and ended up with:


html:not(:hover), body:not(:hover){
background-color:#000000;
}

This means that when the cursor is not over the page, the background is set to black - when you click on the new tab button, the cursor is not over the page, so a black background will flash instead of a white one. When you hover the cursor over the page (when you're reading it) the black background is then forgotten, and the website's one is used instead:


enter image description here enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...