Saturday 9 June 2018

windows 7 - How do I remove file properties like 'user' and 'computer'?


How can I remove file properties like 'user' and 'computer' in Windows 7? I think this is 'personal information' and don't want the file to have this information when I share it.


screenshot



Answer



At the bottom of your screenshot, a link is shown... "remove properties and personal information", it allows you to remove that information.


Any residual owner information is not stored within the file and won't be shared when sharing your file on the internet or so. It is only used to manage permissions on your local system.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...