Sunday 17 June 2018

memory - A RAM stick has a few bad blocks. Is there any way I can turn them off, or allocate the bad blocks so other programs cannot use them?

System instability, such certain programs crashing under load, led me to test my memory modules. The bad blocks on the problem stick lie in the range 001CB18000 to 001CB19000.


The memory stick has a 512MB capacity, I am running on three at the moment. The bad stick is being prepared for an RMA request.


Operating System: Windows XP (32-bit)


Once before, Google showed a similar topic but I cannot reproduce the search, and I do not believe anyone offered a solution to it.


Is it feasible to write a program that could allocate the blocks I want?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...