Monday 18 June 2018

Can I switch between windows of the same type using AutoHotkey?


I know how to create an AutoHotkey script to switch to (say) a Firefox window.


But suppose I have a number of Firefox windows open. I would like the key to switch to the next window each time it is pressed.


Edit - firefox was just an example. It could be PuTTY windows I wanted.



Answer



Try the WinActivateBottom command instead of WinActivate.


This activates the LEAST recently used window - and seeing as when you activate that, it's no longer the least recently used, this can be used to loop through every window.


; This hotkey WIN+A allows you to visit all open Firefox windows in order from oldest to newest:
#a::
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
WinActivateBottom, - Mozilla Firefox
return

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...