Saturday 2 June 2018

64 bit - How to get SVG thumbnails in Windows Explorer?


I can open them in browser just OK, but how can I have thumbnails in the Windows Explorer?


Edit: I installed Renesis Player as suggested by this answer, but it does not work for me, probably because I have 64-bit system.



Answer



Use this awesome SVG thumbnail shell extension which works fine in Windows 7 & Windows 8 & Windows 10 (both 64-bit and 32-bit):



Extension module for Windows Explorer to render SVG thumbnails, so that you can have an overview of your SVG files.



It is open source and free - what more can you ask for?


If you still have problems to view the thumbnails after installing this shell extension please refer to these instructions how to reset your icon cache in Windows 7/8.


On Windows 10 after installing try changing your SVG file association (the "Open With"). By changing it something somehow gets refreshed and it starts working.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...