Tuesday 8 May 2018

Start Search browser hijacker installs unwanted extensions on Chrome

I've had my Chrome browser infected by a browser hijacker. It would replace my home page with startsear.info. I fixed that, but every time I restart Chrome, it resets the following:



  • It redirects all my searches through a startsear.info custom Google search.

  • All Chrome extensions are removed

  • Skype Click to Call extension is added. (Extension)

  • DivX Plus Web Player HTML5 is added. (Extension)


I've followed most of the basic tutorials out there to remove this browser hijacker, but it still resets every time I restart Chrome. As for the registry entries which are often referenced, I've either removed them or been unable to find them. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this? Thanks for the help, and let me know if you need any more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...