Thursday 8 March 2018

wireless networking - Windows unable to resolve hostnames

I have two Windows 7 machines on my home network that always give 'Unreachable' errors when I try to access any site. The other devices on the same network work fine (iPhone, iPad, Mac, Ubuntu) The problem started when the router was reset but this problem doesn't seem to be caused by the router.


I have already tried changing the authentication settings, used open DNS servers but to no effect. Websites are reachable via IP addresses but not hostnames. Also, most of the times it starts working automatically.


Can anyone tell me what the problem is how to resolve it.


Thanks


Edit: I guess my question now is - how do I troubleshoot DNS. I can ping the DNS servers but cannot do an nslookup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...