Monday 19 March 2018

windows 7 - Start a action when a USB device is added

I try to start an application, when a special USB device is added.


In the windows event system I can use the event: Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode -> Event ID: 2100


This event is raised, when a new device is added. This works fine, but I will find out which drive was added.


Within the event system I found, that additional information is available, but how I can use this information?


Is it possible to get the information, which drive was added? Or is it possible to hand over the additional data of the event system to a user program (command line parameter)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...