Monday 19 March 2018

memory - DRAM Frequency showing 800 instead of 1600


I am running a Core i7 CPU originally at 3Ghz overclocked to 4Ghz using a multiplier of x20 and a Bus Speed of 200 Mhz


My memory is 1600 Mhz OCZ.


I installed CPU-Z to see what is going on - but it shows me (under the "Memory" Tab):


DRAM Frequency 800 Mhz


Channel Triple - NB Frequency 3800.2 Mhz


So what is the actual frequency its running on then? I am slightly confused.



Answer



DDR (Double Data Rate) RAM is designed to transfer data twice per clock cycle. 800Mhz x 2 transfers per clock = 1600Mhz effective.


So the actual frequency of your memory is 800Mhz, it is however possible to transfer data at twice that rate.


Answer from here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...